This is one of my favorite recipes, which is inspired by two of my favorite flavors: sweet and savory. This is a great side dish to complement any entrée -- any time of the year!
1 pound of Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of shaved almonds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using the strainer, wash the Brussels sprouts under cool water; remove the stems; and cut in halves.
3. Place the Brussels sprouts in the roasting pan, and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Allow the Brussels sprouts to cook for about 30-35 minutes in the oven. Remove them once fully cooked (I prefer mine a little more done), and add in the honey and almonds.
5. Return the Brussels sprouts to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to allow the Brussels sprouts to absorb the honey and almonds. Turn the oven off at this step, and allow the remaining heat from the oven to finish cooking the Brussels sprouts.
6. Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven after step five, and toss the Brussels sprouts, honey, and almonds in the serving dish with the spoon to make sure all ingredients are adequately combined. Drizzle extra honey on top for additional sweetness. Enjoy!
Seasons of consumption: All
Serving size: 2
© 2017 Melanie Glover. All rights reserved.